Australia is one of the few countries in the Asia/Pacific region that has a comprehensive BAN all six types of asbestos.
The Australian Border Force (ABF) expects importers to be able to demonstrate that they have undertaken adequate risk assessment measures for their goods.
The ABF requires;
1) a Declaration from the Importer stating that the imported goods contain NIL Asbestos
2) that the Importer is able to provide if requested one or more of the below evidence demonstrating that the goods contain no Asbestos
Below we have listed types of documentation that will assist you in mitigating your risk and compliance with the NIL asbestos policy from the ABF.
• Declarations which state that the goods have nil asbestos content (supported by evidence);
• Documentation outlining the level of assurances taken throughout the supply chain;
• Information about the supply chain and possible quality assurance processes in place;
• Illustrative Descriptive Material;
• Ingredient lists;
• Test certificate or laboratory report;
• Material Safety Data sheets.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE REQUIREMENTS.
Attached please find a sample declaration to assist you.
Further information may be found on the ABF website via the link below: