The government has decided to expand the types of biosecurity activities to be cost recovered under the Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines. This includes biosecurity assurance, analytics and risk mitigation activities.
These are critical to managing the risks posed by goods and vessels coming into the country.
The government’s decision includes increasing the following charges:
- Full Import Declaration charge—air from $33 to $38.
- Full Import Declaration charge—sea from $42 to $49.
- Vessels greater than or equal to 25 metres—arrival charge from $920 to $1054.
- the Australian Government has decided to expand the types of biosecurity activities that are cost recovered.
- The department has published an update to the Biosecurity Cost Recovery Implementation Statement.
- The new charges will start 1 January 2020. Your normal billing and invoicing arrangements will reflect this change.