Protected Industrial Action (PIA) at DP World Fremantle
The Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) has given further notice to DP World Australia (DPWA) of PIA at DP World Fremantle, encompassing work restrictions and additional bans.
The effect of the work restrictions includes various bans on employees working in tasks above their normal grade, overtime, shift extensions, accepting late call-ins and ceasing advanced or delayed start times.
DPWA have advised they remain committed to reaching a new Enterprise Agreement that delivers improved productivity and they will keep us updated as they progress.
The latest update of the PIA and how it may impact you is detailed below.
- Ban on the performance of work on all vessels from 6am on 25 December until 2pm on 27 December
- Ban on the performance of work on all vessels from 10pm on 27 December until 10pm on 28 December
- Ban on the performance of work on all vessels on day shift from 6am from 29 December for indefinite period
- Ban on the performance of work on all vessels from 2pm on 1 January until 2pm on 2 January
- All terminal operations will be stopped during these hours.
- Work restrictions apply.
The above industrial action will have an effect on all deliveries from Fremantle port, our Transport Team will keep all affected clients updated during this period.